Below are a list of openings we currently have with our company. Interested applicant should send their Resume and CV to MNPMCareers@gmail.com:
Job Title: Nurse Practitioner/Physician’s Assistant
Department: MSC, P.A.
Accountable to: PA Supervisor
Date: July 2015
Location: Twin Cities/St. Cloud
JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the physician, responsible for assisting in performing history and physicals for the medical and surgical workup care of patients in the outpatient setting. Participates in all aspects of patient care as indicated.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Creates a positive experience for every customer, every day by believing in and practicing The Experience.
(35%) Patient Assessment
- Accepts referral of patients from Chiropractors, Family Practice physicians and other health care professionals to assist with current History & Physical (H & P) volumes and provide H&P management of patients for referring offices.
- Initiates an appropriate assessment of patient’s health status, ranging from focused to comprehensive.
- Obtains patients’ health history from interview of patient and others, and from review of pertinent health records.
- Performs physical examinations.
- Consults with supervising physician or radiologists as appropriate with patient’s history.
(35%) Diagnosis & Treatment
- Orders pertinent diagnostic tests and procedures.
- Interprets health information and establishes diagnoses consistent with the accumulated data.
- Formulates treatment plan, ensuring timely provision of necessary health care services.
- Educates and informs patients regarding the nature of their pain and the progress of evaluation and treatment.
- Orders necessary medications and other therapeutic equipment and supplies within the scope of practice.
- Educates patients regarding health promotion and disease prevention.
- Analyzes accumulated health information and collects additional observational, interview, historical, physical examination, and diagnostic data, modifying treatment as appropriate.
- Makes health record entries which are legible, concise, and timely.
- Advocates for the rights of patients.
- Provides primary clinical therapy and treatment of individual and groups of patient(s).
(25%) Research & Administration
- Participate in various seminars, presentations, and marketing events designed to educate potential referring health care providers and help grow the practice.
- Maintains QA case date base, assists with research projects and clinical trials and evaluating/developing patient education information.
- Participates in the collection and preparation of reports on patient care activities.
- Participates in research projects and in the preparation of articles for publication.
- Conducts audits related to advanced practice health care techniques and takes part in quality assurance programs.
- Maintains current knowledge in the field of practice and informs staff of changes.
- Maintains records and prepares reports and correspondence related to the work
(5%) Performs related work as assigned
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES) REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of patient history and physical examination methods.
- Knowledge of clinical medical procedures.
- Knowledge of patient rights and ethical professional practices.
- Knowledge of and adherence to HIPPA and safety guidelines.
- Knowledge of and adherence to company policies and protocols.
- Skill in organizing and prioritizing work and following assignments through to completion.
- Skill in written and verbal communication.
- Skill in performing physical examinations and routine clinical and emergency procedures.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Ability to effectively handle details with accuracy.
- Ability to manage schedule to ensure work is completed.
- Ability to deliver quality customer service to internal and external customers by communicating with integrity and compassion.
- Ability to resolve service recovery issues and understand when to escalate to the next level.
- Ability to remain calm in difficult situations.
- Ability to develop a therapeutic relationship with patients.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
- NP license and certification, current and in good standing.
- Minimum two years of professional experience with exposure to radiology service.
- Current licensure as a Nurse Practitioner in the state of Minnesota.
- Certification in ACLS (Advance Cardiac Life Support).
- Well-developed assessment, interviewing, counseling, and crisis intervention skills.
Requires use of office equipment, such as computers, fax machines, telephones and copiers.
Requires the ability to see, hear, walk, stand, sit, reach, write, and key.
Must be able to transport patients from either wheelchairs and/or gurneys onto and off exam tables, lifting patients up to 100lbs.
May have exposure to respiratory secretions (such as coughing, TB, etc.), blood, and/or bodily fluids via patient contact.
Interested applicants should send their resume and CV to MNPMCareers@gmail.com